Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Good Runs of SALMON


With plenty of rain over the last few weeks water levels have remained high bringing in good numbers of Salmon into the Blackwater.
However it's very much a case of right place right time as I found out myself last Sunday evening when I had 3 good fish in a mad hour on the fly, after two other rods had caught 5 from the same beat during the day giving a total of eight fish for this beat for the day.
The beats above and below accounted for no fish  ?
 I also managed two more fish the following afternoon of the Ballygarrett beat of the Blackwater Lodge again these fish were caught one after the other.

One thing to note at the moment is that fish are generally not being seen on the surface and all seems quiet right till the moment he takes the fly, so don't be discouraged by lack of surface activity.
Keep the fly/bait in the water as your generally fishing for traveling fish with these water levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment