The Hut Pool on Upper Kilmurry early this morning.
Encouraged after seeing a few fish on Ballinaroone Beat on Sunday I returned to the Blackwater today fishing the Kilmurry beats (Blackwater Lodge).
First fishing the Hut pool on Upper with out any sign of a fish, I went down to Lower and Started fishing the Island Stream.
After a couple of casts in the top third of the run I had a light pluck on the fly which turned into a savage pull and a screaming reel. Five minutes later a solid sealiced Blackwater Springer of about 8lbs was safely returned.
After resting the pool for a few minutes, covering the same lie I quickly connected with a second fish. Another cracking fish which I retained.
Several more fish were showing in the pool, but did not seem interested. Despite fishing on for the rest of the day no further fish were met. Mind you two Springers for a mornings fishing in low water levels can only be considered a great days fishing.
One of a brace
Small Silver Grey Temple Dog which accounted for both fish.
It's very encouraging to see a few fish coming into the river even in these low water conditions. A good flood now would really get things going. Lets hope the rain forecast for next week will be sufficient to give a decent rose in water levels.
Still there are enough fish about that I'll be out again at the weekend.
Tighlines. K.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment