Monday, April 2, 2012

Munster Blackwater

Despite low water levels on the Blackwater, there a certainly fish present in the lower beats.
I fished Ballinaroone Beat late yesterday afternoon for a few yours and despite not contacting any fish I did see several fish which seemed to be holding in the beat, one of which was certainly mid teens.

Summer water levels and water temps at 11 degrees certainly call for summer tactics with medium to small flies and sinktip lines.
I saw enough activity today to make me go back on Tuesday and give it a full day and while I'm suer the fishing will not be easy as long as fish are present there's a chance.


On a side not here are some Silver Greys tied on tubes with Discs and Cones. The smallest being about  4 cm wing and no body. The movement from theses small tubes with no body and flying hook has to be seen to be believed. I find myself using flies tied on hooks less and less. Though getting really small patterns converted to a tube could be interesting.


The Silver Grey makes for a great pattern in clear water in all levels and is a fly I wouldn't be without on either the Blackwater or the Laune.

No comments:

Post a Comment